BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, August 27, 2010

I HATE FRIDAYS

I know everyone in the world loves a Friday, and the career girl deep down inside me still feels glee waking up on Friday morning...for about 12 minutes until reality sets in.

See it's the one day of the week I have both children at home with me. Betty Boo had to go into childcare so I could homeschool Cyclone and I mistakenly thought we could have the last day of the week together, playing games, baking and going out to have fun together.

In actual fact it is just horrendous. Every morning they bitch and niggle at each other. They take turns with one waking up sweetly and happily and the other instigating fights constantly. This bearable once we drop off Betty. For 12 minutes until Cyclone and I get home and begin our day.


If I get it perfect, Cyclone and I can have a pretty good day. A good day is filled with at least 5 meltdowns, but some highs as well. I love seeing his face light up when he crosses one of his many bridges but the arguments, the fidgeting and the constant chatter is wearing me down. It's just constant.


On the days they are home together, it's just one looooong shitfight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, stupid question. I notice that the term meltdown is used a lot. Now exactly what do you mean by a meltdown? Is it like an over the top tantrum or something different?

Lulu said...

For me - a meltdown is a big tantrum of 3 year old proportions. Craptacular in a 6 year old, but ASD kids fall behind in emotional development, they sorta get stuck.

Often he can stay on the edge of a meltdown for quite awhile until I manage to work it out of him with physical linear movements.

Other kids can scream for hours, roll around on the floor - it's all dependant on the kid.

xoxo

If anyone else can describe meltdowns in their house feel free!