BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Now he is Three

Oh...he sleeps!

It only took a couple of weeks in the Big Bed, but HE SLEEPS!

No more being rocked to the tune of "This Old Man" times 20. A story from mum and story from dad and he falls to sleep and stays that way.

We did a Parenting Course (Triple P) and although daddy and I have completely different parenting styles the one thing we learnt was strong boundaries and he loves them. It's tiring though but through the meltdowns we just kept on going. Kept backing each other up (and when we disagreed we took it up with each other in the garage later in the night).

I had given in before then though. I mean, I came to the conclusion that Cyclone was a "Difficult Child". OOHHHHHH YEEEAHH. There is that term. Another blogger got ripped a new one for using that term and in my opinion the people that did so can kiss my wobbly white butt.

You see, I pored over all the baby and toddler books looking for answers. Some I threw into the backyard in disgust, some were ok and had lots of advice but nothing if the advice didn't work. Except one by Christopher Green.

He has a lovely down-to-earth writing style and near the end of one of his books it said something along the lines of - If this doesn't work and your child doesn't sleep/is still unsettled/unhappy you might just have one of the something (sorry can't remember) % that are 'difficult children'. Just know in my experience that nearly all of these kids end up sleeping by 3 years of age. Hang in there. So I did and he was right. We just stopped looking for answers and waited it out.

0 comments: